2007/10/10

Maybe it is because I miss home...


Less than a couple of months ago, Promperu, the Government Office that should promote all the wonders of my homeland, changed the old microsite dedicated to birding they used to have on their website for a brand new one, that can be accessed from Peru Birding Routes and has details on birding routes (printed screen here shows the map of the country divided in North, Center and South), they also have a multimedia section with pictures, audios and videos and a section they call utilities, with their publications, bird listings, links, forum, postcards, etc.

Last September 2007, Peru organized its very first International Birdwatching Fair (International Nature Bird Fair), trying to promote its wonders, in an effort to place the country among the favorite destinations, specially for extreme birders, as many services to make the regions "visitor's friendly" are not yet adecuate.

Anyway, it's great to know that finally someone saw the potential of the region, let's just hope that it grows without damaging the enviroment and involving the native communities in the development of projects and education for conservation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya,
Peru is a an amazing place for birdwatching and birdwatchers, and if I can help you learn more about birds in any way please just ask: I'd be delighted to help gte another birder as passionate as I am! (By the way, your English is superb - I'm afraid my Spanish is very very basic, so I'll just say buena suerte and adios.)

Mel said...

¡Muchas gracias Charlie!
I'll need all the help I can get, so, keep around!
Chau,
Mel